Main Site

Home Services testimonials Service Area Referral Program About Us Contact Us

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

upholstery cleaning in Hinsdale

Amber, one of my regular clients called me about some furniture cleaning. Seems Jack their spaniel had a favorite couch or two he loved sleeping on. the one sofa was pure white, the other, a love seat actually, was a lovely patterned green with flowers.

the word to note here is was. The family had moved from Burr Ridge to a home within walking distance to the school. Jack was excited because that meant more walks with the kids to school and back home. He has ginormous paws. Yesterday it was raining in Hinsdale and his paw looked like black lobster claws. down boy down. I never minded a nibble or two from a friend actually.

I didn't think the love seat looked too back till the nanny moved a pillow and you could see what the original color was. Wowzers! I had my work cut out for me. Down boy, we'll play later.

To get the dirt and pet hair and doggy body oil out of a fabric you need several tools. first, a good vacuuming to remove the dry particulate. after doing so the love seat brightened up considerably. then I had to mix up the special sauce.

I'm not sure if the dirt in Hinsdale is richer than other dirts but it sure liked being on the fabric and had no intention of leaving. If you need upholstery cleaning in Hinsdale or Upholstery cleaning in Burr Ridge do not try this at home, cleaning it yourself. the hardest spots to remove are the ones i get help with.

so after a good vacuuming I whipped up some prespray with a lot of orange oil and surfactants.

Orange oil is better for the environment and better for the home not to mention better for the cleaning tech too.

a horse hair brush, monster fans, towels, clothes and the patience of Job. Four hours later the two pieces looked new and i was done in.


as I left Jack greeted me at the door. His lobster claws had fresh wet mud on them. I only hope Amber tosses a sheet over those couches.

3 comments:

  1. Furniture Cleaning in Southland Acres TX I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Furniture Cleaning in Berea SC When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Furniture Cleaning in Powdersville SC When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your.

    ReplyDelete