Main Site

Home Services testimonials Service Area Referral Program About Us Contact Us

Thursday, September 24, 2015

That skunk was a louse.

That skunk was a louse.

I saw some brave policemen the other day.   It was on a video.

A young skunk had a yogurt cup stuck on his head and there was no hope of him getting it off. So they gently put a blanket around him and pulled the cup off and the skunk ran away free. No thank you but you had to know he was grateful to God.

Years ago my daughter as a little girl saw a squirrel with a yogurt cup on his head and insisted, “daddy you have to help him.”  Squirrels have big incisors and my hands are soft and biteable so I was not thrilled with the idea but I went out and together me and the squirrel managed to get the cup off his pink yogurt covered face and head with my fingers still intact.

Another time something was getting into my garage and trashing my trash so I set out a Havahart catch them alive and unhurt trap to get the possum. Of course it turned out to be a skunk.

While the young creature lay in the trap a crow flew down to the lowest branches of the nearby tree sat on a limb and raucously mocked him.  I don’t speak skunk and only a few words of crow and a smattering of vulture but his manner, non-verbal communication and voice pitch were unmistakable and mocking.

My father in law and I finally figured out how to get the skunk out without anyone—especially moi getting sprayed, gnawed, mangled or bitten.

Finally yesterday one of my clients called me.   Her couch needed a redo and oh by the by, one of her two dogs got skunked and did I know any remedies.

Forcing down my initial impulse to run screaming from the home I told her about some products that would do a good job.  Then we hit on an easy organic solution.  Air.

She had already bathed the dog in a combo of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and that worked wonders.   She had actually caught the dog as he came in the door so he didn’t skunk up the entire house, just a few spots.  But even the few steps he took in the door had filled the house with the strongest of odors.

After I had retreated the couch for other issues we discussing a few options and finally I bought out one of my killer fans.   To be concluded…

If you have skunk odors Burr Ridge. If you have pet odors Hinsdale.  Oak Brook pet odor removal. Clarendon Hills pet stain and odor removal call us today. Cat odors call us right meow. 630 932 8004






No comments:

Post a Comment